1. Dan Aykroyd was inspired to write Ghostbusters due to his great-grandfather, grandfather, and father all having a big interest in the paranormal.
2. John Belushi was originally envisioned to play the role of Peter Venkman, but he died before production started.
3. The movie did pay tribute to Belushi by basing the character of Slimer on him.
5. The film’s director, Ivan Reitman, voiced both Slimer and Zuul.
6. Iconic porn star Ron Jeremy makes a cameo as an extra in the crowd.
This story appears courtesy of the Tulsa 80's Prom at www.80sprom.com